I spend a lot of time using Google maps especially the street view to get the lay of the land. Something I want to see how something has changed, sometimes I just want to see the neighborhood or a location I am planning to check out.
You do that big overview with the satellite view and then zoom in all the way down to the street view and it can be fascinating because the satellite view might be older than the street view or vice a versa.
People don’t know but if you poke around long enough in Google maps you can see some very weird things in streetview. Things like this:
There are people that go around and post weird things that you can see only in street view. It really is worth exploring or at least doing a search about it and then seeing what fun you can have.
At the same time, there are times when google maps gives you something that seems really invasive. I was checking out Hudson Yards and I have to wonder if this woman was aware of what was happening around her:


No comments:
Post a Comment